September 17th- Makena turned five! Although ,we celebrated her birthday for a good week. She had been asking 'how many more days until my birthday' almost since her last one was over. For those that know this sweet little princess also know that she is our "middle child" (Hayes has the "only son" title) ...she's always seeking, wanting, or needing our attention! In her own right, I don't blame her! Sometimes that's what it takes to get it around here. So, I already had it in my mind that we were going to celebrate her special day over a weeks time...and that we did!
She had said all along she wanted a Disney princess party. She wanted a tea party at the Little Wedding Chapel, but since half her friends were boys we decided to have it at the Discovery Outback, so she could invite all her friends(boys & girls). Then at the last minute she said only girls allowed! After trying to convince her to invite all her friends, I caved and let her do what she wanted.
It was her birthday after all, right???
I found these adorable Cinderella overalls the week before...just perfect!
(she had lots of little girls there, but I'm trying to narrow my pics down)
Kamryn had a blast, too!
She had been waiting to wear this outfit all week! We painted her nails, fixed her hair, and headed out for a day of fun....
We went to her school, sang, had cookies, & hung out w/her classmates for awhile....
Then, went to the mall to have lunch with another favorite friend, Tara...
They played in the playplace, went to the candy store, & shopped...
(basically, made up for all the times I say, "no, not today")
And, later we met Daddy & the others for dinner....
We had told her she could pick wherever/whatever she wanted to eat. She picked Chili's and had chocolate molten lava cake for her meal! That about summed it up! By the end of the week we had one spoiled, but happy little girl!
Now, back to the real world, Makena!
(For those of you that are part of my Face Book world, you'll see duplicates of my pictures from here on. I started F.B. around this time and have been addicted ever since! Just another reason I'm so behind on my blogging.)

1 comment:
A week of birthday-that's hilarious! Of course, I read about someone who declares October her "birthday month." And, she's an adult!
Post a Comment