One would think...when the kids go back to school, life will be so much easier -WRONG! My house is turned upside down chaotic right now and it drives me crazy! Although the summer is full of constant activity, we had just gottten in to a routine (or is that- the lack of one) and it's time to change it up. Kamryn is use to the 'busy-ness' of having 3 siblings around. So, when they are not here, I become her only source of entertainment. Therefore, I get very little accomplished during the day, with the exception of that 1.5 hour nap she may or may not take! And, actually she has become a pretty content little girl, but still! Then, before you know it, it's 3pm & time to go get the kids. That's when my somewhat clean house goes berserk! First it's snacktime of course, then clean up from that all the while they are taking turns interupting the other to tell me about their day. (which I do want to hear about) It takes 30mins just to go through their backpacks, filter through the keep and toss papers, sign agendas and anything else to return. I help them get started on their homework. And, then they usually will have a small chore to do before they can go play. In the meantime 12 kids have knocked on the door to see if they can play yet! I guess my kids are the only ones who have to do all these things before they can play, but it's what works for us. Matt gets in and wonders what I've done all day by the looks of the house. Then it's supper time, cleanup, bathtime, & our bedtime routine usually takes 30-45mins. That would probably be our faults, since everyone gets reading time after teeth are brushed, etc. Some nights we have Hannah reading to Makena, Matt reading to Hayes, & I read and put Kamryn down. That speeds the process up a bit. But, then you have the 'one more drink', 'I forgot to use the bathroom', 'forgot to take my vitamins', 'got to give you one more hug' that takes up most the rest of the night. Then my night just begins, finish cleaning up the kitchen, doing another load of laundry, getting backpacks/lunches ready & ironning clothes for tomorrow, and I usually can't resist checking email before I go to bed. Then, turn around and have to pull myself and a housefull of tired, cranky kids out of bed the next morning just to do it all over again. (Makes me see another positive side to homeschooling, Stephanie) I already miss our flexible schedule that the summer brings. And, believe it or not, I just miss my kids not being home with me! Hopefully, I'm just having the back to school blues and this too shall pass! I'm sure all the mom's understand where I'm coming from- I know my life is no different than most! And, to be honest...I wouldn't have it any other way!
On a more positive side, the kids all had a great first week back to school. Hannah is in Mrs. Shackelford's 4th grade class with many of her friends, Hayes is in Mrs. Deffenbaugh's 2nd grade class with 2 of his best buddies, & Makena moved up to Ms. Melinda's PreK(3) class. Everyone loves their classes so far, but Makena is the one who will tell you about every minute of her day, whether you want to hear it or not. She is usually stilll singing a new song on her way to bed. She was the first to memorize her memory verse in her class and received special recognition for it!(All things were made by Him. John 1-3)
Here they are on their first day....
Hayes with Joseph and Cooper... back together again! They started together in Preschool!
I found a pic. of them from preschool......look at those baby faces!
Abbi, Tori, & Bethany with Hannah.... Always fun to have your friends in class.
This is Dillon...better known as "No-No Dillon Barlow". Yes, he is as mischievious as he looks. He use to pull Makena's bows out of her hair and ruined most them in the process when they were in the toddler class together. He's a cutie, though. We'll see if he's changed any.
After that first day of school, we went and had McDonald's chocolate dipped cones.
Everyone's happy now!
Why is it that every year since Hannah started preschool, I always get those back to school blues. I thought it would get easier every year and with each child! But, it doesn't! I guess every year I realize it's a year closer to them being grown and the reality of them getting older sinks in a bit more! I am so blessed to share in their lives! They make life so worth the day to day headaches! I love my babies! (sniff, sniff)

6 comments:
I always look forward to the "first day back to school" pictures and these are great ones. By the way...Dillon doesn't look like the only mischievous one in that picture!
We love your babies too!
Love, B/D/P
We love your babies too!
Love, B/D/P
Wow those kids are growing up so fast! Beautiful!
Everyone looks so healthy and happy, wish we were closer so I could join in on ice cream and help you get through the back to school blues - cappachino and cake anyone? Give my love and hugs to everyone.
The back to school pictures are amazing and so is your BLOG. You are so good at that. I was sitting here reading it with tears in my eyes. I can feel your pain!I can't believe how fast the kids are growing up.... Maybe we should invest in some of those bricks...the ones you put on their heads to keep them from growing up too fast..HAHA!
I miss you all so much. I don't know if I can wait three weeks to see you. We are counting the days.
We love you 6 tons,
Honey & Pop
Post a Comment