Sunday, July 29, 2007

Farewell to the Clements...

5 years ago, we met the Clements. They had moved into our neighborhood....word was out that he was the new C.E.O. of the local hospital and she was just crowned Mrs. Oklahoma. We were introduced by a mutual friend who told me they had a little boy(Karson) the same age as Hayes. The boys were only two at the time. Very quickly the boys hit it off and became 'best buddies'. Jackie and I had enrolled them in a gymnastics class that fall together and through the course of the year, we became very good friends as well. The past five years have given us many great memories together. Karson quickly became Hayes' first best friend, Jackie is my dearest friend in VanBuren, & most recently, we asked them to be Kamryn's godparents.....And, the list goes on. They are a part of our everyday lives - there is rarely a day that we are not together. Jackie is like a second mom to my kids, Hayes is over at their house all the time and the girls just adore Jackie, too! I think Karson will miss his adopted siblings as well. We found out a few months ago that Kevin had accepted an offer at a hospital in Moberly, MO.(6 hours away). He has been commuting weekly since then and the time has finally come for Jackie and Karson to join him. We will miss them terribly!...........But, I know we'll remain friends forever!


This one makes me want to cry!........ Kamryn with Kevin saying bye.




Karson and Hayes - Best Buds for Life! (notice, Hayes lost his top front tooth)



Hannah and Hayes were saying their goodbyes since they were going to be away at church camp the actual day they moved.



Makena will miss Karson, too!
Karson just loves Kamryn - he even cried when he said his goodbye's to her! Too sweet!
We had a 'girls' going-away party at my house for Jackie... we had an ongoing joke about everything being our 'last time to....'Here we are at Cuco's for our last girl's night out dinner!We had a surprise going-away party for Karson with all his friends (most are from our neighborhood)Here are the moms and all that will miss Jackie, too!My kids were away at camp here... our last swim together @ the Poague's pool! Makena just loves Jackie, always wanting to "go see Ms. Jackie"
This was the day they left town.....before the tears started!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh Sharon! What wonderful memories! I enjoyed the pictures!

Angie said...

It's always tough to say goodbye to good friends. I would really like to do it less often.

Anonymous said...

How sweet.... I'm sitting here brushing away the tears. What great memories you've made.

I loved all the pictures....and I'm missing my babies even more now!

Sure would love to see you all soon!

Hugs and Kisses
Love you 6 tons,

Honey & Pop