Tuesday, February 24, 2009

So much to be thankful for......

THANKSGIVING 2008-
These are four blessings I am thankful for every day!

We spent Thanksgiving in ElDorado at my Uncle Tracy & Aunt Mandi's... On my mom's side she has 3 brothers. Between her and her brothers, there are 11 cousins that have gone on to have 10 kids of their own total. So, when we all get together it is quite the crowd. Tracy & Mandi are so gracious to open up their house anytime we all group together. Between their large house and all the acres, we manage just fine!

Hayes & Tracy (Mom's baby brother)-
Uncle Denny(2nd to youngest brother) & Kamryn-
Denny's wife, Aunt Kelly & Kamryn
(Where was Uncle Harry hiding? Can't find one picture of him!)

Makena posing-

There is so much to do for the kids.... their favorites-playing outside, making forts, playing hide-n-go seek, jumping on the trampoline, playing in the tree house, riding the four wheeler, or exploring with their make-believe minds. This year, they gathered all the leaves and had a big time just jumping in 'em over and over again...

Here they are getting them all gathered-
Now, dog-piling Uncle Tracy!
see him down there...
Of course, this was a perfect photo op for me-
They are all so close in age-
Makena(5), Hayes(9), Alayah(6)Hannah(11),Kamryn(2), Gabrien(8), & Gage(12)


Hannah-
Alayah & Gabrien-'course Hayes can't just pose...first he has to superman his way in to the pile-

There we go- Makena-

Honey singing to Kamryn...too sweet!
Kamryn & Kaydence-16mos. (my cousin, Christy's daughter)
Alayah & Gabrien (both missing their 2 front teeth) w/Makena- she was so envious!
My Meme & Mom w/Kamryn
G-Daddy & G.G. (my dad's parents) w/Hannah & MakenaMy cousins- Derek & Jared w/ Hannah & Hayes-
My favorite part of going to my family's is just hanging out with everyone! We eat too much, stay up too late, get up too early, and laugh too much (is that really possible!?) I am so grateful for my family...they are the true meaning of unconditional love!
WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...I loved the post. I'm sitting here laughing and crying over all the pictures and the captions. Laughing because I can remember each of these things happening and crying because we will never pass this way again... not with everyone the same as they were right then. I'm so grateful for the wonderful pictures you took of Meme and G.G. & G.Daddy as well as everyone else. What a GREAT family. There is so much unconditional love in that mass of flesh..haha Are we the luckiest people in the whole world or what???
I love you, dearly!
Mom

Myrtle said...

The kids are growing so fast. Where does the time go.

Anonymous said...

I love all the pics Sharon. The one of Hayes jumping in the pile of leaves is hilarious.

Grandma

Anonymous said...

i'm thankful for all Brad's family who have welcomed me and made me feel like part of the family. I'm especially thankful for my sister in law's who both understand me, put up with me and my sarcasm/crass sense of humor and love me anyway!

Hey are you guys coming by this weekend to HH (house hunt)? I think Allen and the kids are coming so it would be great to have a houseful again! Although I may escape to the movies so Brad and Allen will be in charge for a while :) Also B&V are coming at some point.

Oh one more thing..... hows the shoes? :) xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

o.k - i keep checking the blog EVERY DAY - waiting for pictures of Disney - and every day am dissapointed. Woe is me! I know you are crazy busy - with 4 kids - or is it 5? I classify husbands as big kids too :) I miss seeing my cute nieces and handsome nephew. Thank you so much for the beautiful Easter pictures of the kids. I didn't get any done this year for J - saving our pennies for the trip back home next year and the up coming new bub.