Thursday, June 19, 2008

Update on Kamryn

Kamryn Nicole - 19 mos.

So many have been keeping Kamryn in their prayers for some time and always remember to ask how she's doing now..... As most of you know, her surgery(April 14th) was a success and has made a pretty incredible difference in her life. For those who didn't know the details- she had almost complete nasal blockage of her adenoids and chronic thick fluid back in her ears. And, she was born this way (basically unable to breath from her nose). They removed her adenoids and put a set of tubes in her ears. Everything went so well, we were able to leave that evening- they had told us originally she'd be there a couple days. Hannah & Hayes have also had removal of adenoids/tonsils, but with Kamryn's background she was a more difficult case. Days later at 17 mos., she finally began to walk like a toddler(well-balanced). We went back to Children's a couple weeks ago for her 6wk follow-up and her doctor said she looked great. The audiology report came back weak, but at this point they will continue to monitor her and check her hearing again in 6mos. I just want to thank everyone for your continued prayers for Kamryn for so long. She's a special little girl to many and we are so thankful for that! We'll keep you posted but for now I think we're in the clear and she can begin to see how good it feels to be a well baby.
She did so good at the hospital! The doctors and nurses were all wonderful!
This is her before surgery...

The next day she received balloons & a bear from Grandma/Pawpaw.

All smiles....

Walking so well!

This is what the trampoline does to her hair!

Now at 19mos, she is a petite (but healthy) 22 lbs and manages to survive off of crackers, yogurt, & cookies. Picky, picky eater! She is to date our most compliant baby(I know this may change). But, for now everyone comments on her sweet disposition. She doesn't speak much yet, but the doctor has reassured us this will come with time. Because of her lack of hearing early on, she is approximately 6-9mos. behind. But, for now, it's fine- we have plenty of others who do the talking for her. We are so blessed to have her in our lives! Thanks again for all your prayers! Love to all.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear the update. She is precious and I love what blonde hair does on a trampoline!!

Myrtle said...

So glad to hear Kamryn is doing so much better. She is one cute girl. Where can I get a hairdo like that.

Anonymous said...

Loved the update. So glad that our little "Cupcake" is doing so much better and on the road to recovery. She is such a doll.

Can't wait to see her next week...can't wait to see all 6 of you.

We love you 6 tons,
Honey & Pop

Anonymous said...

Kamryn is looking so happy but I think could use a feed of real food! Lamb Korma anyone? :) :)

Does she eat banana? She so loved the one I gave her - even if it did cause lumpy poo. Now she is doing so well maybe she'd get used to it after a few times. Jackson used to get the runs from grapes - but after a few days his tummy settled down and now loves to snack on them. Plus a bonus for us is that they are way cheaper than ritz! Still getting used to one income up here.

Thanks so much for the great update - I LOVE seeing pics of your girls and Hayes.

sara said...

Yay, Kamryn! You can see how much better she feels! Since taste is all wrapped up with smell, I bet she's still overwhelmed with how everything tastes now that she's able to breath properly. I bet she starts eating more variety as soon as she gets used to it.

Angie said...

I thought I'd already commented here, but, anyway, I'm glad to read that Kamryn is doing so well. She's a definite cutey.