Matt & I went to Chicago (April 8th). He had a 3-day conference to attend and he surprised me with a plane ticket to join him. We also added a couple days to our trip to do everything we wanted. He had arranged for my mom to watch the kids (thanks, Mom!) and for me to be off work as well. I've always wanted to go to Chicago to see the city and all it's lights.
It did not dissapoint!
Everyone told us what not to miss out on... this is the city from the Navy Pier. It was beautiful but a bit cold to walk around.
Every night we had a list of places we had to eat to make our trip complete- this (Rosebud on Rush) was one.
I found out why they call Michigan Ave- the Magnificent Mile! We planned one evening to spend downtown and walk the streets. I needed days ! Among my favs. was a 3-story Gap. Matt's was the Apple store- it was awesome, all the hands-on gadgets you could ever imagine. Also we went to Garrett's Popcorn-unbelievable! Matt had seen it on The Food Network as a 'have to' place to go. But, somewhere along the way and $90 in parking later, we were running out of $$!
....Plus, as if the trip alone wasn't enough, he also got us tickets to see Wicked on Broadway. It was fabulous!!! 
This was our drive back to our hotel (raining, but didn't matter) ... Chicago proved to be everything I thought it would be! We had a great get-away!!!!

This was our drive back to our hotel (raining, but didn't matter) ... Chicago proved to be everything I thought it would be! We had a great get-away!!!!

4 comments:
Hey - the windy city looks fab - I went once and recall Navy Pier having a huge glass enclosed viewing thing that scared me as it was SO windy! I didn't know you saw a broadway show! Thanks for the great pictures!
That is somewhere I want to go! We wanted to see Wicked while in NY but ran out of time! Thanks for all the hot spots incase we go there someday!
So glad ya'll had fun!!! We had a windy blast while we were there. So much to see in such a little time.
I'm envious of seeing Wicked. I loved the book it was based on and want to see it, too. I like Chicago. Did you make it to the Art Institute?
Post a Comment