Friday, December 7, 2007

Kamryn turned "1" !

Our baby turned one on November 16th! How can that be? As the saying goes- it seems like yesterday that she was born! What can I say...I'm happy and sad at the same time! In a way, I'm ready to move out of the baby phase, but knowing Kamryn is our last makes it very bitter sweet! We've had a heck of a time figuring this precious little girl out (she definitely should have come with instructions), but what a wonderful adventure she's been. She is hands down a Mama's girl and I'm not handing that title over to anyone! I love that she needs me- hopefully that will last a while longer.
Now weighing just over 19 lbs, she is still a petite little girl, but has really filled out in the past couple months (she's a great eater!). She has 2 teeth on bottom and working on the top 2 now. She has this goofy new grin that came about with all her teething- it's hilarious! She has a vocabulary consisting of 6 words- Mama, Dada, Poop, Bye-bye, Eat, & Kitty. Those are the most important ones, right? She can walk all around holding on to the furniture, but is very hesitant to venture out on her own... I blame it on her teeny tiny feet! Again, no rush!
We celebrated with close family and friends at our house. I had a hard time narrowing down the few hundred pictures we took, but here are some of my favorites.......
Not too sure what to think of everyone standing around singing, "Happy Birthday!".
This was her cake for everyone else to eat, she had one of her very own as well... Here she is getting her first taste of cake, and sugar for that matter...
Hannah stuck Kamryn's hand in her cake, she wasn't too sure what to think about that...


Our good friends, Kelley & Brian brought their son, Camden (9mos). They've been introduced since birth in hopes that one day it'll be Kamryn & Camden Curd.
Here she is checking him out or maybe letting him know that he can watch, but it's still her cake!
He's eyeing that big sugar rose, but still she knows it's all hers...
Now she's getting into it!
This is the point at which we should have stripped her down, but didn't!

Now we're talking...
This not only taste good, but it's lots of fun too play with too...
Looks like she's looking for my approval...little late for that!
"Don't take my cake away, sissy!"
I said, "don't take my cake away"! (There's that goofy grin I was speaking of, with some frustration as well!)

Oh, well, look here...lots more to enjoy!

Yum, Yum!
Here are some pics of those who were there...
Honey & Pop
Granny & Ol' John

Pawpaw & Grandma
Kelley, Camden, & Brian Curd
Ms. Jackie & Karson Clement
Hayes, Hannah, & Makena of course...
and Ms. Rose- she retired as our director and became our nanny...


Thanks to all of you who were there to help us celebrate! Oh I forgot to mention the ending...as we're undressing her to stick her in the sink, (she was standing on the table) she proceeded to pee all over the table! Everyone just laughed! What a great day we had!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon she is too cute! Such an innocent little face. I enjoyed the pictures! Have a good holiday season.

Angie said...

Thanks for putting these on here. I wish that we could see all of you more. 19 lbs at a year is pretty good! She has definitely become a good eater.

sara said...

Wonderful pics! Happy Birthday Kamryn!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting the birthday pictures. I know we were there but it's fun to relive it through the pictures. So hard to believe our little "Cupcake" is one year old.

GREAT JOB!
We love you 6 tons,
Honey & Pop

Anonymous said...

Sharon, just receive your Christmas card-what a precious family! I can't believe how they've grown. Thank you for sharing. Forgive me as I didn't even get cards out this year. I'll have to check your blog often now that I know you have one. Have a very Merry Christmas! Love to you-Chris, Lori, Henley, Benett and Emerson Raible

Sharon said...

Great to hear from you, Lori! Send me your email/blogsite sometime so we can remain in touch!