Saturday, January 12, 2008

Christmas memories...

December was a hectic, but fun-filled month for everyone! Here's a glimpse of some of our favorites...














Kamryn, finally standing on her own, but still very hesitant to walk....
































Grandma & Pawpaw came for an early Christmas celebration before they left for Australia to spend it with Brad, Christal, & Jackson this year. Thanks for all the great gifts!





















We had a new friend come to visit this year...'Ash the elf' came all the way from the North Pole! For those who don't know- you can write to Santa and request a visit from an elf to your home. He chooses an elf just for your family to enjoy for the holiday season but must be home by Christmas eve to help Santa with his trip and then he can continue to return every year for more adventures. You see, most of the elves get into mischief when you're not around. So, when the kids wake in the mornings they get to discover just what their elf was up to while they were sleeping. Ours was a bit shy this year and mostly loved to hide, but still managed to swing from ceiling fans, eat the cream center of our oreo's, and toilet paper our living room. He got to go to school with them for a few days and even lost his head over the excitement of their Christmas party. But, with a little needle and thread, he was mended back to health and eventually sent back to the N.P. The kids were very sad to see him go, but can't wait to see him next year!























Kamryn wasn't too sure what to think of Santa, not scared just not so sure about him either...she had the 'deer in the headlights' syndrome'!




























Now, our Christmas tree- that was a different story... we purposely waited to put our tree up as late as possible for fear that Kamryn or one of the kittens would be constantly in it. Although it held true for the kittens, to our surprise Kamryn didn't even go near it. One day, while trying to take a picture I discovered why...she was scared to death of it! After many attempts to take a picture in front of the tree, I gave up and let her sit in front of Makena...once I realized what was going on we just had a good laugh!




Kamryn, just being her cute little self!



















Honey, Pop, & Uncle Jeff came to see us in time to celebrate Jeff's 31st b-day. We made him a huge peanut butter cookie (anything with p.b. is his favorite) and Mom/Dad treated us all to TGIFridays to celebrate- Happy Birthday, Jeff!


Getting ready for our annual Williams' Christmas party (Matt's mom's family)...Makena being quite the little poser as you see...






















We had a great time visiting with everyone and the kids just loved all their gifts!
Abercrombie girl (Hannah) wears her jacket almost daily & Hayes is so excited to get his Havoc Heli- the toy of the party.




























Lovin' on Granny & Ol John -






































Karson & his elf, Seymore, came to town for a visit and pajama party... the elves decided to take a picture of their backside on the copier, put stamps on the kids, and even drew a mustache on me while I was sleeping- those little pranksters!








































Christmas Eve candle-light service... always a favorite!
Getting ready for Santa - making his favorite cookies and Makena insisting that he have chocolate milk this year! In their Christmas PJ's, we read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas", then off to bed.........

Christmas morning, Hannah found that pink razor down in her stocking that she'd been begging for!




Early morning Christmas hugs!


Uncle Jeff may live in MS. but he will always be a Razorback at heart!
Hayes with his new Hog jersey, hat, and a just a few dollars to buy more games for his new PS3!
The girls in their matching Hog jerseys Please tell me, we're not the only ones whose house looks like this late Christmas morning!-

The kids were so excited to get their basketball goal from Honey & Pop!
And, for their final gift...we sent them on a scavenger hunt for clues that led them to their trampoline!
Makena got a doctor's cart, medical supplies, and scrubs from Grandma/Pawpaw. (says she wants to be a doctor when she grows up) She wouldn't take this off for 2 straight days!And, no Christmas would be complete without a friend to share it with!


(Joseph and Hayes in their matching Christmas PJs)

9 comments:

Angie said...

I loved to read about your Christmas month, but I also kept thinking "How many Christmas outfits do her kids have?" You could pretend that the little girls have a lot of hand-me-downs except that their initials are on the clothes!

Thanks for sharing.

Sharon said...

About the clothes...I know, kind of silly to have that many outfits for one month, but I can't help it-I love it! Sad thing is Kamryn didn't get to wear all of hers- there weren't that many Sundays to wear all her dresses!

Carman said...

Ok, those are gret pics of some beautiful babies! I loved catching up on you guys!
Carman

Jackson said...

Wow! You put together such a beautiful Christmas, and it was such a delight to see it with all the great pictures!! Give my love to each and every one - and Matt too. Hope everyone is smiling. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

I love it! The kids are beautiful and I agree about the outfits!! I miss those matching days....

Angie said...

Ashlyn would have loved it if I'd had that many new dresses for her!

Aunt Vicki said...

Thanks for the update and great pictures Sharon. However, there is one missing I'd like to see...you with the mustache!

Grandma

sara said...

Thanks for sharing all the pics! Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas!

Tina said...

Okay, I know Mikena says she is going to be a Dr. but the picture of her on that present - she looks to be a model. Love the outfits too, got to find out where you get them. Great pictures!!!