A decade is defined as a period of 10 years, but my definition would be a period of time that can flash before you eyes all too quickly...so as Kenny
Chesney would say- "Don't Blink...you just might miss your babies growing like mine did!" Hannah turned ten on Oct. 18
th. She is special to many...she was the first child, grandchild, great-grandchild, & niece on both sides of our family. It seems like yesterday that Matt announced to me, (with a crack in his voice & tears in his eyes) "It's a little girl!" We couldn't have been more happy! Little did we know we'd get to experience many, many more wonderful moments throughout the next ten years. We have always called Hannah our 'Princess'... she is a big achiever, thoughtful of others, extremely well rounded, and just fun to be around. We couldn't be more proud of the young lady she is becoming. She is a Daddy's girl and has had him wrapped around her finger since the moment he first saw her. She enjoys having me all to herself as well when we get opportunities to shop/eat alone. I look forward to the next ten as well.....Happy Birthday, Princess!
Here she is at 3 1/2 yrs...what a big imagination she had!

She wanted to have a skating party this year...the birthday girl gets to roll the dice in the numbers game.
Her theme this year was 'soccer'(of course)...
make a wish...
she's made a lot of friends over the past 10 years... (click on pics to enlarge)

Serious pose-
Fun pose

Present time...
(Krista, Hannah, Bethany, & Laura Meagan)
7 comments:
She has grown up so much. Thanks for the pictures.
Enjoyed the new post! I miss talking with you so this lets me catch up on everyone!!
That was a great post! Those pictures are excellent! She has grown sooo much since we last saw everyone. I cant wait to see you all again...I hope sooner than later. Brad
Hi Sweetie...what a great job you did on Hannah's Birthday post... I'm still wiping the tears away. Hard to believe our "Sweet Pea" is 10 years old. Seems like just yesterday when she was born... We are such a LUCKY family!
We love you 6 tons,
Honey & Pop
Has it been 10 years already? Wow!
Happy Birthday, Hannah!
I wasn't in your family from the start so missed all the early years - but I LOVE being in it now! and getting to see your beautiful kids grow. Still waiting to see a picture of you with your skates on Shazza - and the teased hair! love you guys and even though Hannah couldn't understand me when I spoke to her on the phone - I hope she knows I think she is terrific and I'm so stoked she loves soccer! it is a huge game over here - not as big as Europe but getting there.
Hannah is such a special girl and it's a true blessing to be part of her life. Not that I'm a grinch but I know how he felt when his heart grew 3 sizes in one day. It grows more with every grandchild but the first put new meaning in my life. Thank you Hannah (Matt & Sharon too!).
Post a Comment