Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Our little Sunshine turned '4'........

Makena turned 4 on Sept. 17th! This first picture so displays her personality... she is our little drama queen, never met a stranger, and is just pure joy to be around! She has everyone laughing on a daily basis. I wish I had been keeping a journal of the last 2 yrs worth of all her funny sayings. Just the other day, we were on our way to Sam's and she wanted to know where we were going. Did I mention that she never stops talking? So, it's like this..."Where are we going, is this the right way, do you know how to get there, that light is red-you better stop!" After she takes a breath to hear my answers, she says "Sam's, whose that? You mean, Sam, Sam I Am? We've read that book, Mommy...I know who that is!" (OK, maybe you had to be there, but we were rolling!) She is turning into a little girl right before our eyes... she will always be our little ray of Sunshine!

Believe it or not, this was unintentional....she loves to just eat the top of the cupcake!
She had all her grandparents come in to town for her big day! Our kids are so blessed to have grandparents that will travel for such events!
w/ Pawpaw & Grandma
w/ Pop & Honey

w/ Granny & Ol' John

She was so surprised to come in and see the kitchen set they got her!
she loves it!
She had picked the party place...so Chuck E. Cheese it was!

One Happy Birthday Girl!
Her party would not be complete without her friend, Tara!
I think she was the only kid at her party not crying over fear of C.E.C.
Some of her guests (that would kinda stand by C.E.C.)...Dylan, London, Kamryn, Makena, twins-James & Jami, Hannah, Tara, & Joseph
She got lots of great gifts....thanks everyone for making her day!
onlookers- Hayes, Tara, & twins-Caroline & Chloe

Kamryn can't figure out Uncle Jeff's beard!
This was her actual birth'day' and she picked Chick-fil-A for her lunch. The kids were out of school that day and Matt met us on his lunch hour as well.
Later that day, we went to her school for yet another celebration! We took 60 cupcakes for everyone to enjoy! They all sang Happy Birthday.... she was on cloud 9!
Here she is with her little buddy, no-no Dylan Barlow! I'm not sure who is more mischievious...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the "post". You do such a great job of telling the story so that anyone who reads it feels like they know Makena. We had a great time with everyone at the party. It's so great that she gets to have three sets of grandparents that love her so much. She is and always will be our Little Sunshine.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.

We love you 6 tons,

Honey and Pop

sara said...

Happy Birthday Makena!

I love her suprised face! That picture is classic!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Sharon. What a wonderful day that was. Makena is a little ray of sunshine and you can always count on her to keep the conversation going (especially in a special room...right Honey :) )

Thanks for including all of us in sharing her special day. It's been great seeing all of you so much lately at the games. I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday morning than at a football or soccer game with four of our grandchildren. Ok...better would be with all six of our grandchildren!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like my Sophie in the car. A car ride is never quiet with her in the car and she is 6 1/2!!! So you have many more years of it Sharon!! I love the pictures and you are so blessed with the great grandparents! I enjoyed reading and you should be a writer, you do feel like you are there.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure Makena EATS the tops of those cup cakes?! I think she just likes to paint her face with icing! Thanks for the great party and sharing your family time! Love, B/D/P

Angie said...

Looks like a great day(s). Noone's birthday should just last one day. She is getting cuter all of the time.

(Ashlyn has the same kitchen.)