Friday, May 4, 2007

AR. Children's Hospital


Our trip to Little Rock went well....as we had always heard, our visit at A.C.H. was wonderful. We visited first with a G.I. pediatric nurse, then the G.I. pediatric doctor, and last with a dietician. The doctor took her off of Reglan and changed her formula to a prescription (Elecare-should be named Expensacare!) thinking that she may have a ultrasensitivity to milk proteins found in all other formulas. I can continue to breastfeed as well as long as I avoid milk products. He also gave her another Rxn, Bethanechol, if after a week the formula isn't helping. He wants to see her back in a month if she is not improving and we'll go from there. He did rule out eshophagitis because there was no blood found in her stools. All in all, it was a relief to see him and know we are on the right track. We'll keep you posted on her updates! Thanks for all your prayers through her journey with this.

4 comments:

Jackson said...

Sounds like good news all around! She looks beautiful!

Angie said...

Glad to hear that things went so well. She is adorable.

Aunt Vicki said...

Glad to hear things went well at Children's and she's doing better. What a great picture!

Hope to see everyone soon...

Anonymous said...

Just dropped by to see if anything new was posted! Any games this weekend? Sure miss all of you! Happy Mothers Day Sharon! Love, Bob/Dad/Pawpaw